Monday, June 9, 2008

An introduction

Allow me to introduce myself... I am a Young Adult Librarian who just happens to be totally obsessed with YA literature. People are constantly asking me to recommend a good book to them, and my poor, overstuffed brain can never come up with the right title for the right person (until they have already left and then it is TOO LATE!). This blog is a place for me to tell you about what I am reading. Be warned: I read a lot of stuff you might not like. I love books that have vampires, werewolves, zombies, and various types of undead characters. I like a good love story. I like blood and guts. Androids, cyborgs, and the occasional robot are all acceptable. Girly books, richgirl books, granola-hippy-treehugger books, and metaphysical are all A-ok too. Books with queer kids, rejects, outsiders, losers, loners, genderbenders, partiers, artists, nerds, overachievers, geniuses, animals (even talking animals), elves, faeries, or spies will always draw me in. Just don't make me read a western. Hey, you have to draw the line somewhere, right?

1 comment:

Kim Antieau said...

But now I feel as though I MUST write a Western just for you. I actually have started a Western called Butch. I think you'd actually like her. No wilting flower, that's for sure. But Butch is not a teen book, so I digress.

Have fun with all these delicious books.

And make sure you let me know if I need to order anything!

Hugs,

Kim